Swim Team Sponsors
Meet Management Software Provider
The registration form and calendar for 2014 are posted and in the box to the left. Please keep checking the website for additional updates.
If you are not receiving swim team emails chances are that you are not properly registered on the Byrnwyck site. It is very important that you get your correct emails registered and check "swim team" if you are a member (inside or outside) or "swim team only" if you are not a member (ie you only participate in swim team). There is not a distribution list other than this. If you were swim team only last year your membership has been deactivated and you will not be able to log on to many areas of the site. You will need to request reactivation.
Swim Registration Cost Includes:
- Swim Practices- Swimmers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible
- Stroke Clinics are before morning practice and after afternoon practice on Monday's this year - no additional cost
- Swim Team Parties
- End of Season Trophy & Ribbons for each Meet
Swimmers must register by April 30th to receive the discounted early registration rate listed on the form. After April 30th the fee increases $10.00 per swimmer.
The success of swim team depends largely on parent volunteers. The team is managed by a committee headed by Suzanne Simkin and Nanette Vaughn. Suzanne, Nanette, the committee, coaches, and the team rely on assistance from parents during practices, meets, and parties. Following are guidelines required by parents:
You must sign up for jobs at swim meets. At least 2 jobs for one child and at least one job more per each additional child.
Please be willing to pitch in when asked.
Please Contact Suzanne Simkin with volunteer questions at email@example.com
Remember to leave our pool and the pools we visit better than when you arrived!
Swim Meet Helpful Hints
- The goal for the Blue Dolphins Swim Team is to bring the kids together and have FUN!!
- Arrive unhurried on time with a “full enough” tummy
- Bring 2 towels, maybe a water bottle and warm clothes for a cool night.
- For home meets, please walk to the pool as parking is crowded by the visiting team.
- When you arrive, go to the fence sheets (i.e. outlines what swimmers will be swimming in what events). Write on your child’s hand in Sharpie : EVENT NUMBER/ HEAT/ LANE/ STROKE for example (1/A/3/Back)
- The team will be called for warm up and should stay together in their designated area in the bullpen.
- While there are many volunteers, please help by making sure your child is ready for their event.
- Before you leave the meet, please check with the coach to make sure that your child has not been added to a later event due to a cancellation.
- Clean up after yourselves!
- Cheer, cheer, cheer for all swimmers!! These kids try very hard and love our support.
Swim team Parents for 2014: Nanette Vaughn and Suzanne Simkin
This page managed by Suzanne Simkin and Nanette Vaughn
Pool address and phone: 1000 Byrnwyck Road, Atlanta, GA 30319 404-250-1519
Reminder - Swim Team Registration - sent
Our May 7th start date is fast approaching. Please turn in your registrations at your earliest opportunity. Again, if you have friends or fami...
Swim Team Registration 2014 - sent
At long last the swim team registration is open. A registration form is attached. This can also be found on the swim team page of the Byrnwyck...
Still Need Volunteers and a New Idea! - sent
We've not had an overwhelmimg response to the request for coordinators. We sure do have the Party Coordinator positions filled up, though! We ar...